Friday, June 17, 2016

Intentional Piecing Book Review

Hello, hello!!!

So happy to have time to sit down and blog, it's been a minute and this one is good! A while back, I received my dearest Amy Friend latest book, Intentional Piecing, and I couldn't put it down.What  I love about this book is the countless projects (with instructions and paper piecing templates) that features. I really liked the Tumble 'Round quilt that made a mini version of it, using Amy's method.



Paper piecing, as Amy states, is a conscious, deliberate process of fabric selection to suit a particular pattern design or aesthetic. Each choice is considered in order to find the best use for a special piece of fabric or fabrics that will highlight a pattern design. If you are afraid of working with stripes and directional prints, then forget about, because this book will guide you in everything there is to know about paper piecing.


I fond this book encouraging me to make thoughtful cuts from my fabric stash and also considering the inclusion of salvages, border prints and precise piecing for graphics which will lead to an amazing project. Oh lovelies, make sure to get your hands on this amazing book, by clicking here, and start making out of this world projects. Thank you so much Amy for giving me a copy of your book, I truly enjoyed reading it ♥♥♥



xo,

Pat B.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Pat - what a fabulous looking book however I just though you would like to know that the book is called INTENTIONAL Piecing, not INTERNATIONAL Piecing. Your auto correct may have gone "postal" on you when typing.

    BTW I love all your fabrics :)

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat,
    It's just as gorgeous on the flip side!
    So Cool--I love that my Favorite Fabric Artist and Favorite Paper piecing coach collided:)

    bluestarof2(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

10